Tuesday, August 26, 2008

20 Years Down the Road

Every church staff member would love a look into the future to see the return on investment for those they minister to and with. It was 20 years ago that I was a youth pastor in Hendersonville, Tennessee and today I received the gift that someone said would happen. Just today Glenn Johnson walked in the door of Mission Discovery. Glenn not only has a history with Mission Discovery's early years, Glenn was one of the student leaders in the youth group and I was his youth pastor! That was 20 years ago. Now Glenn is a pastor for college aged students in Knoxville, Tennessee. We had a great chat about his recent journeys, getting his masters in counseling, falling in love and engaged to be married and more. But how encouraging to hear that Glenn actually remembered some of the things we did at youth group and how they had shaped his life. Glenn thanks for the visit! How wonderful it is to see how God is using you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maury,
Having been in social work and youth ministry myself, I completely understand about pouring your life into someone and waiting, and waiting.

God has greatly used you in my life and many others that I know. I thank God for you and Ann often.

Glenn

Mission Discovery said...

Thanks Glenn