Monday, August 25, 2008

Everyone Has a Place



Stuart Redpath and I had been driving for about an hour through the rolling hills of the English countryside thanks to the Garmin GPS his dad loaned us. Stuart was a wealth of historical information. "We are now in the New Forest." Stuart said. "The New Forest is a former royal hunting area. It was created in 1079 by William I (known as William the Conqueror) as a hunting area, principally of deer." According to http://www.newforest.hampshire.org.uk/. "Somewhere along here we will see wild ponies." And sure enough there they were. Stuart is a businessman in the US, he came here in his 20's from the UK to work for his father n law. The sunshine at the beginning of the day's journey gave way to rain by mid morning, "Another beautiful English day!" Stuart remarked jokingly.

"So Stuart why did you volunteer to do this with and for me this week?" I asked. Stuart used frequent flyer miles, rented a car and lined up appointments with Christian leaders in both England and Wales to explore the possibility of a Mission Discovery base in the U.K. "I have heard all about the trips you offer, and I always wondered how effective I could be on those trips since I am not good with my hands, and I don't speak another language, but when you spoke at church (Community Church Hendersonville, TN) and mentioned your dream to have an overseas base, possibly in the U.K., I thought...that's where God can use me. I would never want to live here again, but I can help you make your idea a reality."

I saw Stuart's face light up when a missionary we visited used the term to describe himself as a "Bisinoary" a businessman who is a missionary. Stuart is just that. Everyone has a place at Mission Discovery. This summer in 104 degree heat in Reynosa, Mexico we had our oldest participant in her 90's. The senior high students she traveled with loved her and she did them as well. Stuart is still a young man with many Bisionary journeys ahead. Thanks Stuart, you are a blessing.

No comments: