Sunday, October 12, 2008

Internet Only-Mission Trips Jamaica and Hurrican Ike Relief


Last year one of our Board members asked me "What would Jesus do?" in dealing with an issue that need a decision. My response was, "I don't know, He's to unpredictable!" I don know that we have many resources to know what Jesus would do, I had just been struck recently in my reading how unpredictable, radical etc. He was and how much more that made Him interesting to me.

So, needless to say, Mission Discovery is that as well. Each year we produce a catelogue of trips, but because our world is so unpredictable, we have started publishing internet only projects.

Here are two. Galveston, Texas was devistated by Hurricane Ike and is receiving very little help, according to our sources on the ground in Houston, from volunteer group. Mission Discovery has responded with a series of mission trips starting October 19.

In Montego Bay, Jamaica, Mission Discovery is responding the needs of the Jamaica Christian School for the Deaf. They are in need of a vocational educationl building for the 40 students there. The directors are passionate, have long term concern and desperately want to prepare Jamaica's deaf population with the tools to make it in the vocational world.

As the world changes, so do we at Mission Discovery. Have a great evening.

No comments: